Science Joke of the Day (Yes there actually are science jokes!)

Two molecules are walking down the street and they run in to each other.
One says to the other, "Are you all right?" "No, I lost an electron!" "Are you sure?" "I'm positive!


My favorite things

My favorite things
Darwin was wrong!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Poetic Periodic Table

In honour of national poetry month, a link to a periodic table of the elements which, when you click on an element will present you with a variety of poems about the element. For example:

Selenium, sweet Selenium, you're in my cup of tea. (Green Tea)
But if I have too much of you, you cause Toxicity!
I take you in my vitamin and you're in stainless steel,
Before I did a report on you, I didn't know you were real!

Selenium, sweet Selenium, you exhibit photovoltaic action,
When I learned that about you, imagine my reaction!
You're a semiconductor, and a photographic toner, too.
But what's more, Selenium, I love you!
By Lindsay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selenium

in 6th grade I had to do a project on selenium
and I did not know how to pronounce it
but soon I was faced with a bigger problem
we had to explain the uses of the element we did a
project on
and selenium is often strip mined
which I didn't want to promote
this is not a humorous poem. By ttk

For more awesomely sciencey poems, check out the link!
(As you may have guessed, not really posted by Mr. C.)

No comments:

Post a Comment